Offering the most comprehensive collection of head and neck pathology specimens available in one reference, Gnepp’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck, 3rd Edition, is a must-have resource for pathologists in training and practice. This abundantly illustrated volume covers both common and rare disease entities of the entire head and neck area, with particular emphasis on differential diagnosis and diagnostic problems and pitfalls. Detailed text and a highly visual format help you improve turnaround time when diagnosing a specimen and facilitate clear communication of prognosis and therapeutic management options to surgical/medical colleagues.
- Covers key topics such as molecular aspects of disease, especially in reference to targeted therapy and personalized medicine; the latest classification and staging systems for head and neck diseases and disorders; and immunohistochemical features that help ensure diagnostic accuracy.
- Discusses new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, as well as newly described variants and new histologic entities.
- Includes a new chapter on eye pathology.
- Incorporates new criteria as established by the 2017 World Health Organization classification of Head and Neck tumors and the 2017 World Health Organization classification of Endocrine organ tumors.
- Provides clinicopathologic correlations throughout to give you all the information you need to formulate a complete diagnostic report.
- Features more than 1700 full-color illustrations that capture the pathologic appearance of the full range of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.