Tissue Engineering in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
کتاب مهندسی بافت در جراحی دهان و فک و صورت
This book provides a thorough, up-to-date description of the scientific basis and concepts of tissue engineering in the oral and maxillofacial region. The opening chapters present an introduction to tissue engineering, describe the roles of biomaterials and stem cells, discuss the use of growth factors, and examine potential adverse reactions. The challenges of soft and hard tissue engineering for oral and maxillofacial reconstruction are then considered in detail. It is explained what has been achieved to date, and potential future perspectives are explored. The importance and the verification of adequate vascularization are discussed, and a further focus is the use of 3D printing, both in the planning and production of scaffolds and in the bioprinting of cells and biomaterials. Information is also included on safety, efficacy, and regulatory aspects. Tissue Engineering in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery will be of interest to all researchers and practitioners who wish to learn more about the potential of tissue engineering to revolutionize practice in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Format Hardback | 169 pages
- Dimensions 178 x 254 x 12.7mm | 709g
- Publication date 16 Dec 2019
- Publisher Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Publication City/Country Cham, Switzerland
- Language English
- Edition Statement 1st ed. 2019
- Illustrations note 30 Tables, color; 52 Illustrations, color; 3 Illustrations, black and white; VII, 169 p. 55 illus., 52 illus. in color.
- ISBN10 3030245160
- ISBN13 9783030245160