Comprehensive Biochemistry for Dentistry: Textbook for Dental Students 1st ed. 2019 Edition, Kindle Edition
کتاب بیوشیمی جامع برای دندانپزشکی: کتاب درسی برای دانشجویان دندانپزشکی
This book combines fundamental concepts of biochemistry and the dental sciences to provide an authentic, coherent and comprehensive text for dental students. It describes in simple language the intricate pathophysiology of biomolecules in health and in diseases of dental and oral tissues. This book also describes the evolution of biochemistry in a chronological order, provides information about the fundamental chemical structure, classification and biological significance of biomolecules, vitamins and hormones, enriched with flow charts and diagrams for easy understanding and quick reference. It includes chapters on nucleic acids, nutrition and serum enzymes and organ function tests, and offers an innovative approach to familiarize dental students with the biochemical composition of enamel, dentine, cementum and saliva, explaining the biochemical basis of dental caries, periodontal diseases, role of fluorides in caries prophylaxis, fluoride toxicity, and the role of amino acids as anti-hypersensitive agents.
- Format Hardback | 604 pages
- Dimensions 155 x 235 x 35.56mm | 1,411g
- Publication date 11 Jan 2019
- Publisher Springer Verlag, Singapore
- Publication City/Country Singapore, Singapore
- Language English
- Edition Statement 1st ed. 2019
- Illustrations note 50 Tables, color; 195 Illustrations, color; 71 Illustrations, black and white; XXXV, 604 p. 266 illus., 195 illus. in color.
- ISBN10 9811310343
- ISBN13 9789811310348