Phosphodiesterases: CNS Functions and Diseases
کتاب فسفودی استراز: توابع و بیماری های CNS
PDEs are a family of enzymes that catalyze the hydrolysis of intracellular cyclic nucleotides. They are implicated in a number of disorders and dysfunctions and PDE inhibitors have already proven to be effective therapies for erectile dysfunction, COPD, and psoriatic arthritis. This family of enzymes also plays a role in diseases and disorders of the CNS such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer's Disease. Unfortunately no effective PDE inhibitors have been developed for the treatment of these diseases. The proposed book will be a comprehensive overview of the current state of basic and translational research on PDE inhibitors written by internationally recognized experts. Authors will also discuss potential PDE subtypes and splice variants in the hopes that this will spur more creative approaches to PDE targeting drugs.
- Format Hardback | 471 pages
- Dimensions 155 x 235 x 26.92mm | 8,572g
- Publication date 29 Oct 2017
- Publisher Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication City/Country Cham, Switzerland
- Language English
- Edition statement 1st ed. 2017
- Illustrations note 27 Tables, color; 36 Illustrations, color; 8 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 471 p. 44 illus., 36 illus. in color.
- ISBN10 3319588095
- ISBN13 9783319588094