Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual
راهنمای حرفه ای تناسب اندام آب
Aquatic fitness is not just for older adults or those with physical limitations. Water exercise is a proven fitness activity that is challenging and fun for all age groups and abilities. It offers reduced-impact options for group exercise, small-group fitness, and personal training. As the primary preparation resource for the certification exam of the Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA), Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual, Seventh Edition, is the most comprehensive resource to help you design and lead effective exercise sessions in the pool.
With contributions from 17 industry experts, you will learn how to energize your teaching with techniques and programs based on many popular fitness formats, such as kickboxing, yoga, body sculpting, Pilates, walking and jogging, circuits, intervals, and sport-specific training. You'll also find updated research on shallow- and deep-water exercise, as well as new and revised content on the following:
- Specialty equipment such as bikes, treadmills, and gym stations intended for the aquatic environment
- The latest interval training techniques, including HIIT and Tabata
- Water safety guidelines
- Aquatics recommendations from organizations such as the Arthritis Foundation and the National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Nutrition and weight management guidance that reflects the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Business and legal insights on compliance with insurance, music licensing, and the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
In addition, the Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual covers basic exercise science concepts, including exercise anatomy and physiology. The text reviews injuries, emergencies, and working with special populations. For those preparing for the AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Certification exam, you'll find a detailed glossary and index, along with review questions at the conclusion of each chapter, to help you study.
Nowhere else will you find the fitness applications and comprehensive programming you need in one convenient resource. The Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual contains essential foundational information on the components of physical fitness, group fitness teaching techniques, and the AEA Standards and Guidelines. Expand your teaching and career opportunities by cultivating the critical skills for leading safe, enjoyable, and effective aquatic exercise programs.
- Format Paperback | 420 pages
- Dimensions 216 x 279 x 25.4mm | 1,161.2g
- Publication date 17 Oct 2017
- Publisher Human Kinetics Publishers
- Imprint Human Kinetics
- Publication City/Country Champaign, IL, United States
- Language English
- Edition Statement 7th edition
- Illustrations note 111 Halftones, black and white; 96 Illustrations, black and white; 170 Halftones, color
- ISBN10 1492533742
- ISBN13 9781492533740
- Bestsellers rank 743,131